"I am not a glutton, I am an explorer of food." - Erma Bombeck

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lonnie’s Deli WHY DO YOU HAUNT ME!


This is the perfection known to us commoners as Ron’s Sunny Bird. It is a concoction of turkey, bean sprouts, French dressing, and sunflower cream cheese served on their daily made wild rice bread. It sounds gross, but I promise. . .NO! I GURANTEE that you will eat the first half, groan in ecstasy and realize you’re full. Then about two hours later you will hear this small muffled voice that appears to be coming from the Styrofoam sandwich container, “Hey! , why haven’t you eaten me? I’m so lonely! Eat me! Eat me! I’m super tasty!”




And like that, you will swim out of unconsciousness to find that the last bite of the second half of the sandwich is going into your mouth. Because the sandwich is magical like that! Oh god, I think I’m having withdrawals. . .


Can you think of a food that sounds gross in concept but was fabulous when you ate it?

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite snacks sounds so gross in concept but it awesome when you eat it: take a slice of ham, spread some plain cream cheese on one side, top it with a pickle and wrap it all up. Trust me, it's so good.

    ReplyDelete